Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank You


Yesterday was the BEST day of my life. I joined my new family, going to the Cousineau Family Reunion. I wasn't sure what to expect. The only family reunion I had been to before was for my mom's side of the family. And all they did was sit around the bar with drinks and smoke. Those who didn't sit at the bar walked around, so I could smell that awful cigarette smoke anywhere I went. The food wreaked of smoke too! The only "fun" we had was a game of baseball, and the pitcher had a beer on the mound!! During the game, the sun had begun to go down so I took off my sunglasses and put them on the rock wall above the bench. Then my rotten little cousin chooses to come over, pick them up, and chuck them at the gound. They got all scratched up. They were an expensive pair that I had just gotten about a week ago. What made it worse was I had been babysitting this little brat and was already fed up with him and his parents. So I went and yelled at his mother that I quit and left the reunion while my parents and brother stayed. So yeah, yesterday was MUCH better.

We arrived at Look Park right around noon, I think. Everyone there seemed to be in a great mood. The first thing we did was eat. The food was unbelieveably GOOD! I wish I could eat like I did yesterday, everyday! Next, I think, were the kid-events. First up were the sack-races. I wanted to have a good time, so I joined all the kids. Taylor and her cousin were "too cool" to participate, so they stood as the finish line. I wish they had joined us. It was really fun! Me winning going fowards and backwards didn't count, but I didn't care. I just wanted to be a part of the event. In the first race, the sack was to small for me and I was off balance as soon as I started jumping. I neared the finish line and Taylor was yelling "He's gonna fall! He's gonna fall!" I yelled to Mrs. Cousineau "MOVE! Get outta the way!" but she apparently didn't hear me, and I landed on her toe. She got a swollen toe from this event; I got first place, and a bruised side, which hurts like heck right now. Sorry Mrs. C.! O:-)

The second event was the egg race. Like usual, I won :-D. But I wasn't part of the competition, but I don't care. As I said before, I'm just happy to be a part of the events, part of the family. I've never had the chance to have fun like this. After the race, Tay asked if she could smash my egg against the ground, so I let her. She seemed to have way too much fun doing that lol. But I liked seeing her have a good time.

I think the next event was the 3-legged race. I couldn't get anyone to partner with me, so I had to sit this event out. Mrs. Cousineau and I participated in the next event though, the water balloon toss. We didn't win, but had fun anyways.

The kid events had ended now, so we began a game of wiffleball. I'm not sure who ended up winning the game, or if we were even keeping score :-P. Almost every hit I had, somebody caught. Then towards then end of the game, I hit a line-drive single, and the next batter up hit me home. It was much better than the game at the Smith Family Reunion. There, the pitcher would throw the ball, then take another sip of their beer that they had with them on the mound.

Paddle-boats were up next, and everyone seemed to want me in their boat. First, Jordan and Christian (sp.?) came up and asked me to be in their boat. Then Taylor wanted me to come with her and Melaney (sp.?) in their boat, and Bailey wanted me in her's. (I'm not sure how to spell the names, so I'm sorry if they're mispelled.) I ended up with Christian and Jordan, and they made me do almost all of the work! The lady in a canoe kept yelling at us, first because Tay and Mel splashed us, so I splashed them back. Then Jordan kept getting out of her seat, standing in the back of the boat or leaning over the edge. She said "This is the LAST time I'm gonna ask you guys to stay seated and stop fooling around. Next time I'm going to have to ask you to leave." It was funny. Oh, and I learned not to let Jordan steer the boat. First she crashed us into the rocks, and then wanted to make us go off the little waterfall. In the end, I had to steer and pedal, on my own, because the kids were too lazy. Eh, figures :-P

There were a few more events that day, but I don't feel like listing them all. At the end of the day, after dinner, we headed over to the volleyball court. Mrs C stacked the team against me and put Nathan on my team. The kid is a little jumping bean, and I, along with another adult, thought he was going to get landed on and crushed. I fell over him twice, and knocked the ball out of bounds a few times because if I followed through I would've knocked the kid in the face!

Well, I think that pretty much sums up the day. Thank you, Cousineau Family, for letting me take part in a real family reunion. It sure beats a bunch of old people sitting around drinking and smoking and blowing the smoke in you face :-P. I feel more and more like part of the family each and every day I spend here. Thank you so much. I love you guys :-D

1 comment:

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!