Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Reunion


Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have gone before, especially those in the military who have died in the service of their fellow man. What greater gift can you give than to freely give your life to save those you know and love, as well as, those whom you have never met and never will. It is always sad when a solider dies, but it is good to know that their reward in heaven will be great for they sacrificed their greatest gift from God, their own lives.

This Memorial Day I am remembering GrandPepere. He fought in WWII in the pacific theatre. Because of his submarine, and those who served with him, an immanent invasion of California was thwarted.

I am also remembering my Grandmother and Grandfather, my Uncle Bert, Uncle Eli, Grandmemere, and Gram. I'm sure there are other's but I can't think of them now.

I think what we will do is go to the grave site of Grandpepere and Grandmemere and pray and think of them all. Then go to the park and have a picnic to take away any sadness. That way we can be happy and remember the love they gave to us. And also remember that they are with God now and are happily doing His work. What a blessing they have. One I wish for, but will be patient for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!