Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Oh! Look, a Squirrel!


I saved a squirrel today! The squirrel pictured is not the saved squirrel, but I'm sure it's a close relative. Thank you Taylor for helping! Taylor found a squirrel who was caught in a fence. It had run through a hole in the fence, but it's hips didn't fit through. Unfortunatly, for the squirrel there was a drop off on the other side of the fence, so it's little paws could find no purchase to help it back up. It was just hanging there for who knows how long. The poor thing had pretty much given up. I grabbed it by the hind feet and gave it a small tug to see if it would then scramble free. Instead it just wiggled it's feet around and stayed right where it was. It was then I realised it must have been there for sometime. So, I grabbed it's little hind paws again and gently guided it out of the hole. The poor thing could barely move. I believe it was greatful at first and then scared because we are a lot bigger than it and we kept looking at it.

After about an hour or so it finally had the strength to run up a tree.

Oh, and Happy Gradutation Kayla! (We were at a party for Kayla's gradutation, and it was caught in her fence.)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Helping those that can't help themselves. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever heard the song Little Acorns by the White Stripes? This post made me think of that song.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!