Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, August 1, 2010

All came crashing down....

J and I went to the Temple yesterday. It was great, as always.  Nothing special or exciting to report, just being there is great.  So we are on our way home and we are starved!  We were going to eat at the temple, but we really needed to get on the road.  The missionaries are coming and the house needs to be cleaned.  But we are STARVING!  So we stop by a Burger King, order and pay with the debit card.  I had just deposited $50 the day before, which means that I should have a little over $50 in that account.  NOPE.  Not my bank.  I write a check and it's deposited into someone else's account and presto! The money is removed from my account the same day.  I deposit money from someone else's account to my own (we both use the same bank!) and the money takes 3 days to be deposited into my account.  So we had to use our cash, which meant we didn't have toll money.  So now we have to take the long way home.  (Instead of 1 hr 15min it takes 2hrs)

So we are about 15-20 minutes from home and we get a phone call.  Jordan is upset because the bathroom cabinet fell off the wall.  Bailey was searching for toilet cleaner in the toothbrush cabinet and suddenly bang it fell on her!  I'm guessing she planned on putting toothpaste in the toilet?  I don't know.  Taylor is on a walk because she got really mad and Madison is crying because he thinks he is going to get spanked.  (We rarely, as in once a year, maybe, spank the kids so I don't know why he's so afraid of getting spanked.)

Bathroom cabinet on floor of hallway and a bag full of medicine and toiletries
The back of the cabinet is still on the wall.  Hey, maybe this means Jason will finally paint the bathroom!

No time to clean up!  We have to get the house cleaned up because on our way home we ran into the missionaries and they are moments from the house!  And our friend Jonas is also coming over.  So I'm able to do nothing before the missionaries arrive.  So we start dinner and talking.  With the bathroom and house a mess.  The sister graciously help me clean up the kids breakfast, because even though they are quite old enough, unless I tell them they won't put their dishes in the sink.  And they'd never even think to put them in the dish washer. (Which was empty, by the way.)

After the sisters have left Ben needs help with his bike pedal.  He needs to transfer it from one bike to another because he is doing another charity ride, but on a new-to-him bike.  After struggling with the pedal for a little bit I suggest they are going to wrong direction with the screw threads.  I'm ignored.  So a little while after that I see that the pedal moved tighter, so I told them what I saw and suggested trying the other way.  J gave it a half hearted effort and went back to trying the first direction.  Finally, after a while longer, J finally decides to give the other direction a shot, and it takes about a minute to get it loose.  After 15 minutes the wrong way.  At least it came off! 

Ben's friend Joe comes over to give a donation to Ben for Tour De Cure, he's still shy by about $600, and the new benefit ride he's doing (I think he needs only $100?, not really sure though).  If you know us you know we are very social people.  Joe and Jonas are also very social.  So we talked to about 1am, Joe left and J and I walked Jonas to his car at about 1:15am, then we proceeded to talk some more.  It was a great talk!  But what's said after mid-night, stays in Vegas....??? You get the point.  Maybe I'll blog about it later.

Jason had to work, and so he was off quickly and I was off to bed.  Then about 2 or 3 hours later I'm woken up by the awful sound!  It's Ben's alarm going off getting him up for his benefit ride.  I HATE alarms.  So now I can't fall back asleep.  Eventually I do.  But then I don't wake up to my own alarm.  At 11am I wake up because Jason came home.  

And I just remembered that Jason invited the guys over tonight to game!  And I have only a few hours to get the house clean and the bathroom cabinet repaired before everyone comes over!
So when we get home we see this.

2 comments:

  1. Hee, Hee. I remember that bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to admit it, but it makes me feel a little better that someone else has weeks like this too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!