Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 28, 2010

1001 Things you need a well for.

1 Water
2 Doing dishes
3 Doing laundry
4 Cooking
5 Wiping down your counter
6 Mopping
7 Flushing toilets
8 Cleaning up dog mess
9 Showering
10-1001 everything else in life

Though, I can't list them all, I do know them all now that our well has gone dry.  And I have to say, I'd rather be without electricity than water.  The pictures I'd have to show for this particular thread, wouldn't be pleasant, so I'm not taking any.  If you ever run into a situation like mine, you will thank me for it.

So my day Tuesday goes like this:
Can't sleep cause I'm not feeling well, get about 2 hours.
Drive Jordan to school because once again, she's late.
Miss the usual gas station and have to go to a new one.
Try to buy on credit, cause there's nothing in the bank, and can't.
Try to pay by check, but J has the checkbook.
Go home to dog poo on the floor.
J has to use his gas money and write a bad check to cover $20 additional to pay for the gas in the minivan.
We gather bottles and cans to recycle to pay off the last $4 of the $64.50 gas bill.
Get home, thinking all is well. (No pun intended) But dog has diarrhea on the kitchen floor.
Madison is at a park with Ben and Bailey, and get diarrhea too.

The best part is, we have no water to clean anything!

This is probably one of the worst days of my life.  What do I do?  I cry, yes.  But I also laugh and feel gratitude!

I'm grateful because when J talks to neighbors they are all willing to help anyway they can.  I talk to friends from when we were little, tween and teenager and they are praying for us.  How could this get any better?  I don't think I have ever had so many people praying for me and my family!  We have been given food, so we don't have to try to figure out how we can cook.  We have been offered showers, help with laundry, water to flush, water to drink and cook with.  We have been blessed by so many just by their concern and thoughts!

Though this is nothing compared to what others must go through, this has been tough.  But it could have been a million times worse.  When this all started going down hill and I thought I'd be depressed, but I thought about the example of my Bishop, and other friends & family (whom I don't feel it would be right to mention by name) and how well they went through their trials that were so much harder.  If they could go through so much and still be alive, smile even when it hurts and keep a positive attitude, then I would too.

I'm so lucky to have so much love in my life, towards and from, my dear friends and loving family.

I love you all!  And I'm thankful for you!

May God bless you as he has me, with plenty of trials!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!