Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 30, 2010

Twilight

When I read the Twilight Series I was inspired, because I wasn't sure that a story of True Love would be accepted by an majority of the world.  And I glad that so many enjoyed a story that showed True Love and not just...well you know.  So many teen books deal with issues like homosexuality, teen pregnancy and sex out of wedlock.  It was so nice to read a book about LOVE.

Then I went to my favorite website, which I am even a moderator of, and most, if not all, the men are complaining about the Twilight Series!  Now, some of what they say is correct, 40+ women should not be chasing after 17 year old teen actors.  And I agree that it is a sickness of our society when people think that is acceptable behavior.  What bothers me is when they talk about "poor sentence structure and grammar."  And how Bella was a typical Emo teen.  And, at least, one person said these things and more had not ever read the books.  How frustrating is that!

For me the characters were realistic, enough so that I related to them and understood where they were and why they ended up where they did.

Another complaint was about the use of vampires.  They said "it's been done."  But not the way that Meyer did it.  Instead of the completely evil hell spawn, they were human with a circumstance and they had to choose what life they were going to lead.  Sounds a lot like real life and a lot different from the typical blood sucking vampire.

I think that the men who have issues with this story without ever reading it are only jealous.  Jealous that someone made it successful with a concept they thought had already been done to it's limits.  And they were proven wrong.  Oh, snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!