Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, April 22, 2010

New Bedford


This past weekend we headed out to New Bedford to visit our bff's.  Suzanne and Roger and their three great kids!  We always have a good time visiting them.  Suz and J met almost 14 years ago when J started working at Polaroid.  When we met it was instant friendship.  And we have been best friends since we met.  We know we were bff's in Heaven before we were born.  Sometimes...who am I trying to kid....often, I wonder why I live here in MA, but then I remember my friends, like Suz & Roger, Erik & Carol, Sean & Carol, Josh & Janel, Bobby & Gail, Joe & Noel, Eric & Brooke, etc, etc, etc, and I know why I'm here.  (If I left your name out i'm sorry, I just can't list everyone who is special to me, but please know that I do love you and think of you and pray for you often!)  Add to that my family, Shari, Mike, Mel & Christian, TJ & Coe, plus the extended family...just too many to try to write, and I know I'm here for a reason and I'm in the right place.

Sometimes I wish I could spend more time with everyone, but then I'd never have time for my family.  But in about 11 years I will have time. (Madison will be 18)  Then I can hang out, talk on the phone, go to lunch, etc.

Suz, Roger, J & I will be taking a vacation in 20 years.  In 2030, we are going to go to Jamaica on an all expense paid vacation.  I'm going to start saving now.

So, here are some pictures of our "staycation."

 Left to right: Elise, Bailey, Suz, Adam & Madison

Adam and Madison throwing gang signs.











This is Destiny.  She just got her permit 7 days before we arrived.  She gets nervous when her parents are in the car with her because they get nervous.  So I went with her for a 2 mile drive.  She didn't know it, but I was nervous, but not knowing it she stayed calm and drove very well.  Once Taylor turns 14 I'm going to start her on driving lessons, in parking lots!  Don't worry your car is safe.  That way she won't be so nervous once she gets her license.  

Oh, and today is her 14th birthday.  But she isn't here.  She has youth conference for the weekend!  Her birthday party is on April 30th, so we'll do the whole bit then.

And the reason Taylor isn't in any of the pictures is because when we went to Suz & Roger's we dropped Taylor off at her cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!