Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's been too long!

I apologize for not posting in so very long of a time.  I have been very busy with many things and making time for the computer has not been one of the things I have been busy with.  So I will start with a quick update on everyone. Then my thoughts if I have time because I'm doing this instead of getting ready for work.

Taylor is under threat of suspension.  Her hair is currently blue and adorable.  And they can't have that in the schools here.  Her friends with gaged ears 2" around are not in trouble.  And I find that troubling.  She wears her hair short still, but it grows so fast that she needs another hair cut. Other than her hair issue, school is good, grades are fine.  She is excited to be able to go on her mission at 19.  She was so happy that she was bouncing from excitement!  She said, "Now, I don't have to wait to start my life!"

Jordan was also happy about women now being allowed to go at 19. She feels the same way as Taylor.  Jordan has straight A's as always.  She has decided to take all advanced classes in high school so she can graduate with an associates degree and get her bachelors paid for by the state. Because we have such a Mormon friendly state they will not hold her going on a mission against her schooling.  Because Jordan is on honor roll, the school does special things with the kids, so she is always getting to go to movies and other activities during school hours. Jordan has pink hair and her school doesn't care.

Bailey also has straight A's and is on honor roll.  She also gets to go with the honor students to fun activities and the movies.  She loves school.  Bailey is a ray of sunshine in everyone's life.  She wants to be a cheerleader, but she doesn't know how.  So now that Jason is working we are going to look into dance classes again for her. Bailey has blue and purple in her hair and her school doesn't care.

Madison is really the only one struggling in school.  It's not his grades, those are fine. He gets a bunch of numbers and the highest possible is 3.  He mostly get's 3's. I don't think they have the option of honor roll at his school.  The biggest problem Madison has is with bullies at school.  For some odd reason, he has a personality that other kids find fun to pick on.  Maybe because he's the baby of the family. I'm not sure.  But I am not allowed to go beat the kids up for him.  Jason says that it would only make it worse.  I want to get him a t-shirt that says, "My mom can beat up your dad." Now, whether I could or not is irrelevant. But you hurt my kid and I'm likely to try.

Jason finally found a job.  He got several offers for different positions at the same company.  I guess that's the Lord's way of saying, I want you to work HERE. He works for E-vault. If you listen to talk radio I'm sure you have heard their commercials on Hannity, Rush or Beck.  They are based out of San Francisco.  So our health care is from CA, which means great coverage, $0 deductibles,  and little cost to us! That number I don't remember, but I remember it being about half of what we paid in MA for less coverage and higher deductibles. Jason likes the job well enough. I don't think it's as intellectually challenging as he had hoped, but he is learning about Disaster Recovery which is his ultimate goal for his career. He will have opportunities to move from place to place in the company as he learns his job and does it well.  He is highly motivated to do a good job and move to the next stage of his DR training.

I am still at the animal rescue.  I have been working at the thrift store 3 days a week. A while back is was 6 days a week. That was too much.  Sometimes I think 3 days a week is too much.  But I get to help out and that is important.  My sister and her husband have really helped us out a lot.  They have taken us on vacations, bought us food, gas, a horse.  So I have to help her out to repay their generosity.  I also have to repay my mom for her generosity.   And put hardwood floors in the house we are renting for her.  Granted I am doing it because I hate carpeting, and with so many renters the carpeting is destroyed, so I am selfishly helping her out.  And finally Jason's parents have been amazingly generous.  And I don't know how to repay them yet.  But we will find a way!  I also take home foster pets. I have only one at the moment. But a few weeks ago I brought home 7! We were going to adoptions the next day, so it was only one night.  But it was fun.  There is always one dog that I find that I want to fall in love with.  And I'm always so glad when they get a good home.

Jason's sister and her family, as well as his parents are coming for a visit in July.  We are so excited!  It's hard to be able to do everything you want in just one week though.  We have already started making lists of things that we want to accomplish while they are here.  Some of us are going to get our concealed carry licenses.  Which means I have to finally get around to getting my Utah's Drivers License!  We are also wanting to take the kids horse back riding. Antelope Island is beautiful. And of course, there is that one spot in Utah that is the most photographed spot in the world because of it's beauty. The geo-beds, Topaz mountain, jet skiing, Park City and so much more!

In June is my high school reunion.  It's the first one for me to attend.  We are going on a cruise in the San Fran Bay, if enough people buy reservations.  We are taking the kids to California to spend time with their grandparents, because they know how awesome Jason's side of the family is.  They know their genealogy and how cool that side of the family is.  Now it's time they learn about my side.  And hopefully they will remember enough to tell me about it too!  I haven't heard these stories because many of them are new to my parents.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!