Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dying, Death and Going Home

I was on Facebook and saw a post about my dear friend Suzie.  She has cancer.  And just a few days before my other friend came to visit me and informed me that she also has cancer. It got me to thinking about our lives and mortality, as I think these things always do.  It also made me realize that I have been lax in my duties as a friend to all my friends in Massachusetts and to those that have moved on to other places.  So to start I am posting on this blog to let people know that I have not forgotten them. I just let life get away from me.  And I didn't take time to stop and remember what is most important, which is the people in my life.

I don't want my friends to leave, but I'm grateful that they will be out of pain and with their Heavenly Father and families again. They will be happy then. And I will do my best to be happy for them. It's the right thing to do to think of their needs over my own.

Other stuff not related to the title:

I have started a book club in my ward. I have informed people of $3 date night at the cheap theater, and I have started a game night.  All these idea's are compliments of the wonderful women of the Ludlow Ward.  I miss you all very much.  I think of you every Tuesday as I participate in these activities. (I don't know what Jason thinks, I didn't ask him.)

I saw the most beautiful sunset, I couldn't get a picture of it though.  But imagine with me.  The horizon has tiny purple mountains, they appear to be 2" tall, but are in reality about 5000ft above sea level. Skimming to tops of the mountains is a shimmery red-orange light, with tiny touches of yellow, from the setting sun. And then above that purple clouds, puffy and thick, not promising a storm, but blue skies ahead.  It had to be the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen.  I wish I had the ability to take that picture from my mind and put it on this blog.  Because it is more beautiful than words can say.

Another unrelated topic:

This is where I do adoptions on Sat. This kitty got adopted.
This is where I work. And a puppy that got adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!