Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas

It's the most wonderful time of the year!  How true that song is!  I love Christmas.  I love the smell of a fresh cut tree and the joyous songs on the radio.  I love to listen to Christmas music even in July!  How lovely is it to have peace and love around all the time.  Ah, I wish the Christmas Spirit would last all year round.

This year I have noticed a lot more rudeness than usual.  Yes, I went shopping on black friday, but that's not what I meant. ;)  Mostly it is drivers.  People honking because the person in front of them didn't use their blinker when turning.  Though I'm sure they didn't use their's at their last turn.  I'm not letting it get to me.  I am going to put into Christmas what I want to get out of it.  And I think people forget that.  I think they concentrate on the shopping and the bad drivers and the lack of money, instead of the real reason for the season.  Which is living and loving in a Christ like way. 

My Christmas Prayer this year is for peace and joy not just through out the world, but through out my family and through out myself.  I will put very little money into Christmas this year, I want to put memories into it instead.  I want my kids to remember Christmas as a time for family and not gifts.  I want them to cherish the love they have as a family and not worry about how many gifts they are getting. 

We are sending a care package to my brother in Iraq.  We will be sending all sorts of games and treats.  I think the soldiers in his unit will be greatful.  We take for granted that things like candy canes aren't sold in the middle east.  I'm also sending hot chocolate, though, I don't think they will need it the way we do in New England!  But it should bring them the memories of Christmas day.

I don't have any pictures to post.  I'm trying to think of what I could post for an image, and to be honest, we are saving every dime, so we aren't putting up lights or a tree this year.  I have a nice picture of the neighbors yard after the snow.  It's only the 2" we got on Sunday, not the 6" we got on Wednesday.

I took this just before I got into the car to head to church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!