Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Big Move

So we moved back in August.  We moved from Massachusetts to Utah.  It was huge.  We have all had quite a few adjustments to get used to.  The actual move wasn't bad.  We had a fun time peering out the car windows at  the different parts of our beautiful country.  The flattest lands were like a giant snow globe.  It was as if we were on a tiny little road running down the middle of grain fields.  The sky was so blue!  And the clouds so white!  It was amazing!  When we hit the Rockies it was night, so we missed the view there.  We did get to drive down the side of the mountain in pitch black!  Even with the other headlights, it was like ink- think and dark.  Very scary.

Once we got here we had a couple of people come and help us move in.  We had really hoped that more people could have come to introduce themselves, or some of our missionary friends shown up.  But it's ok.  One Missionary did show!  Elder Davies, who is something like a 2nd cousin by marriage, of mine. Of the group of women that did make it, they mostly just talked to each other while I and one other sister unpacked the truck.  It kinda sucked.

One of the many things that I appreciate out here are the sunsets.  AMAZINGLY beautiful!  I love going out into my yard watching the sunset.

Jason got called to the same calling he had in MA, Elders Quorum 1st Counselor.  And I got a calling teaching the 5 & 6 year olds.  I was hoping that my primary days were over, but obviously these sweet children have something to teach me.  (I think, humility, but who know's for sure.)

So that's all I have time for tonight.  I will post more about what we have been doing since we settled in shortly.  I'm very busy with the holidays, so please don't hold your breathe!  But do feel free to text me and remind me to blog!
The line between the hills and the blackness below is the Great Salt Lake



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!