Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, January 27, 2011

What's Another Few Inches

Jason standing next to the snow bank in our front yard.  Yes, it is over his head.

After working all night and not sleeping well the day before, Jason went out and shoveled the driveway.  Which is something I'd usually help out with, but I was dead to the world this morning exhausted from life, lack of sleep from getting up at 6am, not matter what. Unfortunately, my body is now in a routine, so even on Saturday and Sunday I'm up at 6am.  I hate early morning, but the schools refuse to consider a later start time.  J did ask Ben to come out and help, but from what J said he didn't do much.  It took him over 15 minutes just to get outside, then he moved his car and got that brushed off before he started to help with the driveway.  Then he stopped to talk on the phone.  I'm not sure why getting the car done was so important, because he didn't go anywhere.  But I guess it's just a typical teenager thing to think of your self and your stuff, before thinking about the fact that J had just worked all night long.

So J didn't get to sleep well today.  I took the kids out of the house to help keep it quiet, but being amped up from the shoveling/exercise made it difficult.  He's going to be very tired tomorrow!  Worst part is...we have plans to get together with friends, and then on Saturday we are going to the Temple for 7am. Which means we have to be out of the house by 5:00am.  This is much easier on me, as I'm used to getting up early and it's only one hour.  But for J this will be difficult.  Because Friday morning when he gets home he's going to need to sleep as much as possible.  Then getting together with friends will be fun and will make him really awake, then we have to come home and try to sleep.  I'll probably have no problem, but I worry that J will.
I think I'll drive tomorrow!  

The good thing about going to the temple early, is getting home early.  So he can sleep all day Saturday and be awake and ready for Sunday.  So even though today through Saturday will be hard, at least Sunday will be good.

I have to add to this!  Our neighbors are great!  Our next door neighbor snowblowed out our mailbox, then the plow came and a different neighbor did it again!  Saving J's back, a lot of work and time!  Thank you so much to Bill and Kyle!

1 comment:

  1. That snowbank is NOT the one that has the dirt pile underneath it! It's 7' or so (I think more). Our neighbor and I were talking about how the snowbanks on our side of the street are higher than the other side because of various reasons like wind and how they plow the street. Ours top 6' and the other side is about 4'.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!