Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snow, Snow How I Hate The Snow!

 Bailey and Madison are playing in the snow.  They were so excited to have such a big storm!  It dropped about 2 1/2 feet.  Our snowblower isn't working, so we had to be outside with shovels, that adds to the height of the snow banks because it concentrates the snow from the drive way to the sides of the driveway.  Plus, the wind and the neighbors blowers add a small amount to the top.  So the snow was 2 1/2' but the banks were almost 6'!  The kids would take their sleds and try to go down the banks, but they kept ending up in the driveway.  The banks slopped more towards the driveway than the yard!
 We are cheating a little (a lot) in this picture.  Underneath this snow bank is the mound of dirt from the driveway.  When the workers put in our well the dirt wouldn't go back in.  A few weeks later it froze over and so the ground never had a chance to settle.  So we are stuck with a much dirt, and now snow, mound until Spring.  We hope.
This is storm three in as many weeks.  The first storm dropped 2 1/2feet, the second 5" and now another 3" today.  Tomorrow we are supposed to have another storm!
The driving conditions are terrible!  I drove Jordan and Kara (the neighbors daughter) to school, which normally takes 25 minutes.  Today took 50.  So I had drive Madison to school as well, and which normally takes 10 minutes, but took 30.  Four of the school buses arrived at 9am and I  passed another on the road 10 minutes later.

The streets hadn't been plowed at all!  And the sand was from the previous storm!  I don't think I went over 20 and I did that only on long straight aways.  I'm also thinking our tires are going to need replacing, because there were times when I was sliding and other cars were fine.  Just another thing that adds to the cost of living in New England.

I am seriously thinking of moving west. 
Just looking at this picture makes me feel warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!