Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Our Pets are our LIVES!

I never really wanted to be one of "those" people who lets their pets rule their lives.  But I have noticed lately that my pets seem to control a large part of my life.  The dog needs to be taken outdoors 3x a day to use the facilities, as well as feeding and basic training.  You can never repeat training too much.  But, the kids have over-fed her with treats for tricks.  Then we have vet appointments and baths that needs to be done regularly, every 10-14 days.  And on top of that grooming appointments.  Here is a picture of Lady after her lastest grooming.  She seems to have enjoyed it a lot more than the first time!  Plus, it's a new shop so we got a first time discount!

OK, so you think dogs are high maintenance, add a cat to that mix!  Jynx, our cat, can be pretty demanding as well.  We have to pet her when she wants, we must watch out toes when climbing in and out of bed because she loves to attack them while they are moving around under the covers.  Then she is a voracious eater.  I give her 1/4 in the morning and 1/4 cup at night.  And the devours every bite, then promptly pukes it up anywhere she happens to be.  Some days she can keep it down other days, she can't.  She won't go outside because of the cold, and is usually found on my bed or on the kids dresser hiding from the dog.  Occasionally, she will hide out on Taylor's bed.  The pictures are of her in a paper bag that we gave her to play with, though she just fell asleep in it.
  So between cleaning up cat mess, litter, shedding hair and puke, and the dogs walks, training and accidents, we are a busy family.  Change that, I'm busy!  I take care of 90% of the cats needs (excepting petting, she prefers J to me) and 95% of all dog care.  Now I know why my mom didn't want us kids to have pets!

1 comment:

  1. These my friend are all the reasons I don't have pets. My kids are hard enough to take care of.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!