Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sundance Film Festival

http://www.sundance.org/festival/

If you don't know what Sundance Film Festival is I'm going to give you a very brief explanation.

A bunch of people who have artistic talent of some kind, throw together, or get huge fund to make, a movie.  They try it out at a local film contest.  Those that win go to Sundance.  Two movies that I know of that didn't make the cut were Cathedral Pines and Turkey Bowl.  But no one cares about those movies.

The movies at Sundance are supposed to be the cream of the crop.  Already having gone through the judging process, they should have substance, cohesiveness, and a theme that many find interesting.

All this I already knew.  What I didn't know is that the movies are shown in theaters all over the place.  Mostly in Park City, UT and Salt lake City, UT.  But I know of at least one in Ogden, UT.  So it is actually very difficult to see every movie showing.  It also lasts for 10 days, so there is plenty of time to see plenty of movies.

So far we have gone two days and  seen one famous person at the table next to us at the restaurant and spoke to a few after the movie.  We also got to go to an art gallery with amazingly talented artists showing their work.  At least one artist was present, who we got pictures with and got to spend quite a bit of time talking to.  Very nice gentleman, and extremely talented.  I will have to write down his name and google him so that when I post pictures you will know who he is.

Pictures will be coming soon!  As well as my movie reviews for Robot and Frank, Where Do We Go Now?, and Excision.  And possibly more over the next 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! They are always appreciated! And I've always kinda wondered if anyone was acutally reading this! Now, I know!